October 10, 2021 3 min read
Every year, flight lovers around the globe celebrate the the monumental achievement of the Wright Brothers who successfully achieved flights heavier than air, with a mechanically propelled airplane. On December 17, 1903, near Kitty Hawk North Carolina, Orville and Wilber made their first successful attempt taking off with the Wright Flyer aircraft achieving the worlds first a flight record of 12 seconds and flying over a 120 feet distance.
To celebrate their achievement, we are announcing a new flight challenge utilizing our POWERUP kits - THE LONGEST FLIGHT DURATION CHALLENGE
The official start day of the contest is October 17 2021 and ending 2 months later on December 17, which is the National Wright Brothers day.
We will host a LIVE FB launch event presenting the challenge on October 17th this will include also an open Q&A session.
If you are not able to join our Facebook group, you can send your submission to email@example.com
PLEASE do not send videos via email for us to download — such submissions will be rejected. Only video links viewable on the internet will be accepted.
Winners will be decided based on proof of longest flight duration. We will be watching submission on our FB group page and challenge event during the window of submission between October 17th to the deadline of December 17th.
Shai will begin reviewing the submissions including email submissions on December 18th, and winners will be announced on a December 25 Vlog special. Watch the live FB event announcement HERE
1. All POWERUP kits are eligible to participate (also legacy kits POWERUP 2.0, 3.0 Dart and FPV)
2 - You must be the official pilot of of your flight duration submission. We will remove out any submissions that violate this rule.
3. Airplane designs can be new/original or existing designs that have already been published on our site or the internet.
4. Materials and production methods - these are open ended, you can use any material or method you like (paper, foam balsa carbon etc.. 3D printing hot glue you name it..)
5. Complementary power source - the plane shall include only one POWERUP kit using its own internal battery and without any external propulsion or power sources. Propellers shall not be altered or replaced, only original props provided with the kit are eligible.
6. An individual may submit no more than one flight record to this challenge.
7. Individuals under the age of 18 must receive parental consent before entering the contest.
8. Submissions must be made by midnight PST October, 2021.
Q: Is this contest for paper planes only, or can the planes use other materials and crafting methods?
A: You're free to submit designs and flights that incorporate any material you choose.
By entering this contest, the entrant grants to POWERUP TOYS the right to create video content depicting the entrant's airplane design, its creation, and its flight capability, as well as any other information or content that could be construed to be the intellectual property of the entrant, and to promote this content on the Internet. POWERUP TOYS agrees that it will not publish the entrant's content on any platform other than YouTube without the express permission of the entrant.
By entering this challenge, the entrant grants POWERUP TOYS the right to mention the provided Name of Designer/PILOT in any materials related to the contest, including, but not limited to, the contest videos.